We had a doctor's appointment today and I am dialated 1 cm and the cervix is very thin (doc felt his head). The baby's hearbeat sounds good, but doctor would like me to have him pretty soon in anticipation that he may be a big baby. She suggested I walk for a minimum of an hour each day this week to try for a natural induction. If Max does not come by this weekend, we will either be inducing or having a c-section on Tuesday, 1/18. Cody and I are still considering all of our options and what will be in the best interest of everyone, especially baby. Please pray for sound decision making on our part.
If you plan on being at the hospital, my suggestion is to have your bags packed and phones ready all week, but plan to be here by Tuesday. We are delivering at Kingwood Medical Center (www.kingwoodmedicalcenter.com). The delivery rooms are very small and they only allow for the father, plus one other person in the room at at time. After delivery, Cody and I get about an hour with our new arrival before they move him to the nursery for observation. We ask that during this first hour, we have some quiet time with oneanother without visitors. After this, they will move me to a recovery room down the hall and Max will join us in the room a couple hours later, which is where we will be able to have family and friends to visit. We cannot wait to celebrate this time with you and we are so greatful for our loved ones who will be there with us on this special day!